Top Critical Thinking Skills / Analysis Tools
Read through these critical thinking skills one by one or browse. These thinking aides will help you when considering problems, deciding what to write in an essay, or analyzing any situation in life. You may be more familiar with some ideas and less familiar with others. Look at them all!
2. Perspective, Perception/ point of view, the ability to see both the forest and the trees.
3. Relativity and absolutes; Different does not mean bad or wrong or good or right.
4. Space, scale, size, amount, number
5. Time, sequence, order
6. Spectrum, scope, range,
7. Causation, cause and effect, stimulus response
8. Synergy, entropy, opposition, the understanding that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
9. Hierarchy: Social, Economic, Political
10. Book and cover
11. Ochamís razor
12. Scylla & Charybdis or Between a Rock and a Hard Place
13. Gordian knot
14. The Best Laid Plans - Robert Burns
BACK TO TUTORING MAIN PAGE
Copyright: 2004 English 4 All, Inc.