Resume of Jonathan Sanford Saul
Experienced community college administrator, program director and project manager with emphasis on student services, grant writing, interdisciplinary faculty team building
and creative problem solving.
Administration & Management:
· Supervised services (call center, field services, information center) and departments (student services, freshman skills, financial aid, recruitment, admissions, testing, counseling)
· Member, College Presidents Cabinet, advisor to college vice-president, deans and chairpersons; college wide grants review committee, long-range planning and crisis management
· Re-engineered, automated and computerized departmental and enterprise service delivery and tracking systems (new students, financial aid, applications and documentations processes).
· Chaired interdisciplinary committees and teams, coordinating operations of college-wide services for new students (recruitment, admissions, testing, placement, advisement, registration, & mentoring)
· Researched, developed and implemented faculty/student mentoring program
· Established and developed basic skills reinforcement and technical training for work study students (FIPSE-funded STAR project)
· Developed Pre-Freshman immersion, self-guided instructional, service and outreach programs
· Established computer assisted instruction and intensive courses of study
· Developed student assistance center for guidance and counseling and college-wide information center
· Served as Town Councilman
· Organized and lead environmental, political and educational community groups
· Technical advisor to community and local area groups
· Published/edited newsletters, TV & radio briefs, speeches
· Conducted small group process and coordinated volunteer organizations
· Liaison to state and county agencies
· Managed small ($15,000 budget) and large (1,200 schools) IT and education projects
· Developed client tracking systems, led Joint Application Design process and served as business analyst
· Developed neighborhood mapping, data warehousing, staff training and administrative reporting
Grant Writing and Reading:
· Authored successful grant proposals from federal, state and private foundations
· Read grant proposals for FIPSE, general and community relations programs
12/00-1/03: Metis Associates, Inc. Senior Systems Associate IT Project Manager for a national social science/educational consulting firm based in NYC
1/98 12/00: New York City Board of Education, Division of Informational Technology Project Manager: Help Desk/Field Services; Grant Writer
1/91-1/98: Director of Financial Aid, Bank Street College of Education, NYC Scholarships, grants, loans, student counseling, grant writing
9/76 - 12/90: Higher Education Associate, LaGuardia Community College, CUNY Program development, budgets, grant writing, curriculum development, staff supervision, long-range planning, crisis intervention
9/71 6/76: Higher Education Assistant, City College of New York, CUNY Coordinator of Veterans Affairs, Selective Service Advisor
1982 - present: Adjunct Professor, LaGuardia Community College, NYC Writing, Communication Skills, Humanities, Social Science, Research and Philosophy
2002 present: Axia College, University of Phoenix Philsophy, Ethics, Business Writing
2002 2005: Adjunct Professor, Devry University: History, Ethics, Humanities, Writing
2003 2005: Adjunct Professor, Montgomery County Community College, PA: Technical Writing, Business Writing, Freshman Composition, Literature
2002 2005: Adjunct Professor, Bucks County Community College, PA English, Reading
2002 2003: DPT Philadelphia Campus: ESL conversation classes
2006 2010: Consultant, LaGuardia Community College Adult and Continuing Education
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative (2009 2010)
2000 2002: Consultant, Metis Associates, Inc. Project management for GIS and education contracts
1998 1999: Consultant, Bank Street College of Education, NYC Office of Financial Aid
Redesigned delivery of services to students, created Student Services LAN
1992 1999: Consultant, CUNY BA/BS Program, City University of New York Conducted institutional research; provided technical program development
1995 1996: Technical Consultant, Westchester Land Trust, NY
Developed and tested software for their regional environmental network for data exchange, curriculum development and resource administration, etc. for Westchester and lower Putnam Counties.
1991 1992: Consultant, Literacy Assistance Center of NYC
1976 - 1977: Consultant, Bronx, Hostos and LaGuardia Community Colleges
B. A. History, City College of New York 71
M. Phil., CUNY Graduate Center 93
PhD. Candidate, Intellectual History CUNY Graduate Center (abd)
Technical Certifications: N/T administration (Microsoft) 6/98;
Advanced ArcView GIS, 4/01
eLearning Teaching Excellence Plus - DeVry University, Fall 2004
1986 2000: Reader, Fund for the Improvement of Post Secondary Education
(FIPSE), U.S. Department. of Education
1998: Board of Education, NYC, Diffusion Grant for Technology Infrastructure.
1997 1999: Bank Street College: Americorps/America Reads Initiative
1996: Lewisboro Land Trust: Land Trust Federation Hamlet planning
1993: Westchester Land Trust: Kaplan Foundation Hamlet planning
1989 1991: U. S. Department. of Education TRIO: Tutor-Counselor Services
1986 1989: LaGuardia Community College: FIPSE, Project TEACH
1985 1987: LaGuardia Community College: FIPSE, STAR program
1984 1987: LaGuardia Community College: NYS Vocational Rehabilitation:
Women in Non-Traditional Careers
1976 1978: LaGuardia Community College, Veterans Cost-of-Instruction, US DOE
1976 1978: City College: US Dept. of Ed: Veterans Affairs; CETA: Jobs for Veterans
1973 1978 City College: Veterans Cost-of-Instruction, US DOE
1990 - 2000: Associate, Westchester Land Trust
1996 1996: Councilman, Town of Lewisboro
1988 1996: President, Goldens Bridge 2000, Editor Hamlet Center News
1992 1994: Member, Town of Lewisboro Housing and Community Development Committee
1973 1996: Goldens Bridge Community Association, Inc., Member Board of Directors, President, and Vice-President
Software: ArcView GIS software 3.2, 8.2; MapInfo, , MAC OS, Support Magic SQL 4.0+ (Help Desk software), Quark, Panorama (relational database), Explorer, Netscape, Front Page; Windows N/T, PC DOS, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Front Page, Photoshop, PageMaker, Illustrator, Visio LAN, WAN and database administration.
The American English Express, English 4 All, Inc., 2003
The Computer and Society, in College Knowledge & Reading Strategy, Joseph Evering (ed.), Pearson Custom Publishing, LaGuardia Community College, Communication Skills Department, 2005.
A Very Brief History of the United States, in College Knowledge & Reading Strategy, Joseph Evering (ed.), Pearson Custom Publishing, LaGuardia Community College, Communication Skills Department, 2005.
A Brief History of the World, College Knowledge and Reading Strategies, 3rd Ed., LaGuardia Community College, Communication Skills Department, Pearson Publishing, U.S., 2009.
The LaGuardia Mentoring Project: Faculty and Staff as Voluntary Mentors to Increase Student Persistence Among High Risk Students, Ideas Together, Vol. 1, No.1, Fall, 1988,
A Guide for the Mentor, LaGuardia Community College, August 1987
CO-OP CITY, The Bronx: Regional Planning and Community Development by Jon Sa
Copyright: 2011 English 4 All, Inc.
All rights reserved.